Aliette is the author of:
- The Red Scholar’s Wake, a sapphic romance between a nerdy engineer & a sentient spaceship pirate queen, set in Vietnamese-inspired galactic empires. Technically part of the Xuya universe but in a different tone–more intimate and focused on romance.
- The Dragons and Blades series, m/m romantic fantasies of tea, manners and murders set in an alternate 19th-Century Vietnamese court
- Fireheart Tiger, a sapphic romantic fantasy set in a universe inspired by precolonial Vietnam
- In the Vanishers’ Palace, a dark retelling of Beauty and the Beast where they’re both women and the Beast is a dragon, set in a universe inspired by Vietnamese fairytales
- The Dominion of the Fallen series, dark Gothic fantasies set in a ruined turn-of-the-century Paris devastated by a magical war
- The Hugo-award nominated series The Universe of Xuya, space opera influenced by Vietnamese culture, which includes the standalone books Seven of Infinities, The Tea Master and the Detective (Nebula Award winner, Hugo Award finalist), and On a Red Station, Drifting (Hugo and Nebula Award finalist)
- The Obsidian and Blood trilogy of books, Aztec noir fantasy featuring priest-investigator Acatl