Nuoc tuong ngot gung: sweet soy sauce with ginger
(aka nước tương ngọt gừng: sweet soy sauce with ginger)
I didn’t have a chance to do much cooking this week because the H insisted on taking over the kitchen, so in the meantime have a placeholder post on a nice ginger-soy dipping sauce. It goes nicely with chicken and with fish, especially steamed or grilled stuff.
- 3 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 chillies, cut into thin rings
- Mix everything and let it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.