Bun tau xao cha chien cai bac thao: bean threads with Chinese cabbage and cha chien<
A quick and easy dish, full of nourishing flavours
Aka bún tàu xào chả chiên cải bắc thảo (I think), or what to do with a Napa cabbage and some leftover chả chiên that’s a little past its use-by date… It’s got a nice sweet kick that balances the cabbage-y taste of the Napa very fittingly.
- 60g bean thread noodles
- ½ Napa cabbage, sliced
- 250g chả chiên/chả lụa, sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Put the noodles in cold water for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, wash and slice the cabbage, the chả chiên/chả lụa and the spring onion.
- Mix the hoisin sauce into the chicken stock.
- After 30 min have passed, drain the noodles, and cut them into quarters length-wise.
- In a wok on medium heat, put in a dash of oil, and fry the chả chiên/chả lụa for 1 minute, until warm.
- Then add the spring onion and the Napa cabbage, and fry quickly for 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles and the sauce. Mix so that everything is covered with sauce, and adjust heat to a vigorous simmer.
- Cover, and cook for 10 minutes (you'd think there'd be plenty of sauce left, but the truth is that the noodles will gobble it up, and nothing will be left by the time you take the cover off). Serve in a hot dish.